Monday, March 21, 2011

Rain in the Desert

It's raining today, and I realized how quickly the weather can turn from dry, dusty and warm, to cloudy, rainy and cold in this part of the world. I'm thankful these weather patterns aren't predicted to last long. If I didn't have such an awesome crew of people to share the indoors with, today definitely would not have been as fun as it panned out.

I thought I would extend this lazy Monday to the blog world and share with you a poem I wrote recently.

It's nothing too extreme. It's about the Jewish man I happen to be in love with.


Mirror Moon


With hot breath on a window pane 
I hear you whisper in my ear,
"Come to me, My Darling Love.
I'm near! I'm near! I'm near!"
Like heavy breath into my chest, 
A trickle down my spine,
My lips could form not one request
As You put Your hand in mine.
"Come here my Love," He whispers to me,
Sweetly at my side,
"Give me all your past regrets, 
Your darkness, lies and pride.
I'll rip it out and tear it up,
Expose it in the light
Until the deepest, darkest fears
Are tiny, toothless lies.
A brimming cup, I'll fill you up
Beyond all great delights.
Come with me, My Darling Love, 
We'll fly away tonight."


Oh how Your Love shines bright! 
What can I do tonight
But set my sight on You?


In open air, a moon hung low
Sings a distant melody.
Mirror Moon, she mirrors me,
Crying out our destiny.
A shining light in the dark of night
Cloaked in pure humility.
She sings a song about a light,
With every midnight glow.
The light she shines a product of 
The Father Sun she knows.
What am I but made of dust
Just as much as she?
Made to shine my Maker's light
For eyes in dark to see.


Oh, how Your Love shines bright!
What can I do tonight,
But set my sight on You?


Your hand in mine,
A Love divine
In life divinely made.
With one look in Your eyes I know
I'll never be the same.

1 comment:

  1. Dude really...that poem is beautiful Emma-

    "Until the deepest, darkest fears
    Are tiny, toothless lies.
    A brimming cup, I'll fill you up
    Beyond all great delights."

    I love this!

    ReplyDelete